I’ve worked as a staff writer for two “household name” enterprises, one non-profit and one e-commerce.
However, since 2007, I’ve been a full-time Toronto based freelance copywriter, specializing in web content, ghost writing/blogging and substantive book manuscript editing.
When it comes to writing and editing, I’ve tackled pretty much everything since I sold my first piece to Seventeen magazine back in college:
- content for B2B and B2C websites
- annual reports, brochures and other print collateral
- case studies and executive white papers
- press releases
- product descriptions and catalog copy
- link building and search engine optimization (SEO)
- social media account management
- I was a blogging pioneer, starting my first blog back in 2000
- Researching and writing a 160-page “Seniors Guide” for a provincial government ministry
- Editing and researching books for Canadian and American authors
- Running the social media arm of successful advocacy campaigns
- Writing for the Globe & Mail, Toronto Star, National Post, CBC.ca, the Dallas Morning News and more
- Being shortlisted for the Governor General’s Award for my first book
- Teaching myself HTML, Word, Excel, Dreamweaver and various WYSIWYG proprietary content management systems
To view a traditional resume, please visit my LinkedIn profile.
References are available upon request.